VISION, MISSION & GOALS
- Is to have healthy people living in healthy communities of Pakistan
- Be the center of excellence for health promotion, disease prevention, training and research
- Promote a sustainable and positive change in public health through learning, discovery and communication.
- Educate the next generation of public health leaders who endeavour to be change agents for health promotion, research and training
- Support policy makers, practitioners and the government in making evidence based decision through knowledge management
- Address and sustain the social accountability of JSMU through partnerships with NGOs and the Government.
- Develop public private partnership models of primary health care
- Support the government in policy formulation through empirical studies and then provide support for implementation monitoring, and evaluation.
- Graduate competent public health professionals and provide them with an accredited competency based curriculum
- Support faculty and staff of JSMU and JPGMC in conducting research and extend the services to other institutions.
- Establish Public Health Laboratories for provision of services to primary health care providers and student training.
- Build a competency based contextual curriculum for all public health related fields.